Thursday, April 4, 2013

Marty's Birthday


Tuesday was Marty’s 30th birthday. He knew I was bringing him his favorite sandwich from Jimmy John’s but the surprise was a DQ blizzard cake. His favorite blizzard is double fudge cookie dough so I was able to order a 10” double fudge cookie dough blizzard cake. This is the first DQ cake I have had. It was pretty good! Then that night he was able to open up his gift from Lauren and I. We got him a pair of Sanuk’s. He has wanted a pair of these for a while. That night I lined up Heather and Mike to watch Lauren for a little while so we could go out to dinner. We went to Jethro’s in Ankeny. That was the only Jethro’s we hadn’t been to and it was very good. I had the shrimp poboy and he had the blackened chicken poboy. Tuesday night is their wing special so we decided to try a few of those. We decided we really like the BBQ rub flavor. He even got a free “big” beer (Blue Moon) for his birthday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment