This morning Lauren got tubes put in her ears. We had to be out in West Des Moines by 6:10 so we left the house at 5:30. It was an early morning for us. Lauren couldn't have anything to eat or drink after midnight so we tried to keep her up as late as possible so she would be fine in the morning. She stayed up until 9:00. That is pretty late for her. In the morning we changed her diaper and clothes and away we went. She didn't fuss at all. She did great before her surgery. The procedure went very fast and in no time we were with Lauren again. The doctor said she has very narrow canals and that there was quite a bit of tacky fluid in both ears. He sucked that out for us. I hope this helps her hear better!! Lauren was crying once she woke up. I am sure she was scared and didn't know where she was or recognize anyone around her. Marty held her and gave her a bottle right away and after a few minutes she settled down. She did an awesome job. I would also like to point out that I didn't even cry. The only time I thought I might is when we saw her crying after the tubes were in.You could tell she didn't really know what was going on but I stayed strong!

In the car ready to leave our house at 5:30am.
Arrived at the surgery center.
Laughing at Mommy in the waiting room.
All done. Waiting in the recovery room.
She is so brave; good job, Lauren!
ReplyDelete